These are some of the events already planned in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago for Friends of Fashion members. Events will be scheduled on an ongoing basis. At that time, in-depth descriptions and all details will be released to members. Events are small, for 6-25 members, so reserve early.
IN NEW YORK CITY
Join now and attend our spring luncheon with Isaac Mizrahi. New events with Donna Karan and a return visit to Proenza Schouler have just been added. Go to the Members Calendar page to read all about them.
Click on the Garment Center tab to read about our new Private Access: Garment Center experiences, open to members and non-members alike.
MORE EVENTS FOR WOMEN:
- Join Cynthia Rowley for cocktails on her terrace and a look at her latest collection.
- Let Nicole Miller personally style you in her latest collection at a private Champagne party
- Michelle Obama favorite Peter Soronen hosts tea in an historic townhouse for an up-close look at his cocktail and evening dresses
- Maggie Norris opens her design studio to show how couture is made for clients such as Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Aniston, and FOF members
- Meet Gilles Montezin, who left Christian Lacroix and the Paris Opera to become one of NYC’s best fashion finds
- Brunch with Jussara Lee on a terrace with views over Central Park. Jussara will come equipped with her tapemeasure, fabric swatches and latest menswear and womenswear designs
FOR TEENS AND TWENTIES:
- Meet Abigail Lorick at a special Lorick Lady’s Tea, and try on the clothes she creates as the real-life designer of Gossip Girl’s “Eleanor Waldorf” line
- Bonnie Young, Donna Karan’s former creative director, opens her home to show off her custom children’s creations over cocktails
- Have breakfast with Alan Flusser, noted menswear author and authority and the favorite designer for CEO’s
- Learn from Duncan Quinn why GQ called his suits “Savile Row meets Rock ‘N Roll”(his clients: Adrian Grenier, Green Day, the White Stripes, Sean Combs)
- Jewelry: Ann Dexter-Jones introduces her new custom-made jewelry line
- Handbags: Discover Paige Gambel’s one-of-a-kind, limited-edition bags at a cocktail party in her atelier
- Shoes: Vanessa Noel opens her townhouse for a look at her latest shoe collection
And there’s more in NYC in the works…
IN LOS ANGELES
Friends of Fashion launches with Petro Zillia. Designer Nony Tochterman (clients: Scarlett Johansson, Mischa Barton) throws a party in her garden to show off her latest line, and preview of the one coming up. Who knows who might show up?
- Kevan Hall, master of the perfect dress, day or night (Kate Hudson and Vanessa Williams are fans), hosts a lunch in his design studio for a look at his latest creations.
- Join Bradley Bayou in his showroom for Champagne, a look at the dresses he’s designed for Cameron Diaz, Eva Longoria-Parker, and insights into finding your best dress
- John Whitledge of Trovata welcomes members to his Newport Beach shop and design studio to see his award-winning low-key sportswear for men and women
- Gregory Parkinson previews his latest collection of colorful, artistic casual separates over cocktails
- Let Project Runway’s Rami Kashou show why he’s the new go-to designer for young Hollywood: Fergie, Jessica Alba, Malin Akerman, and Dita von Teese
- Pamela Barish used to make custom clothes for rock royalty. Meet her in her Venice Beach shop and design studio for a look at the irreverently elegant dresses and separates she creates today for stars like Michelle Pfeiffer and Brooke Shields
And there’s more in LA in the works…
Friends of Fashion launches with a “Pinto box” lunch with Michelle Obama favorite Maria Pinto as she showcases her new designs and shares her tips on how to dress for your particular body type
- Meet designer Sam Kori George, who won the honor to create evening gowns for the awards holders at this year’s Academy Awards
- Warm up by the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa in Lara Miller’s design studio and learn about eco-conscious fashion from a special style panel
- Victor Hugo de Leon of Niformis designs his own fabrics and has them made in the finest mills in Italy. Think how one of his silks would look lining a custom jacket
FOR THE HOME:
- Pickard produces the china for private yachts, Air Force One and the White House. Party on Pickard china with Andrew Pickard Morgan, great-grandson of the founder, and order their new Kelly Wearstler collection or discuss designing your own custom set
And there’s more in Chicago in the works…